ONLINE STORE WEBSITE:

ONLINE STORE WEBSITE: Maggie Huft: on Zazzle
I am now on Instagram as: maggiehuft52

Monday, June 6, 2011

New Painting Set-Up

Time to start a new piece of art.  I've had this photograph for half a year - meaning to do something with it.  

We had a guest speaker at art league meeting several weeks ago discussing using computer graphics programs to plan out paintings.  I've been using Photoshop to do just that for years.  In this painting, I wanted the frog larger to make him easier to see.  I cut him out with the polygon lasso tool and moved him to another layer.  Then I made him a bit larger - rotated him just a bit - and blended him back into the background. 

From there I did the pencil drawing.  I tend to make detailed pencil drawings before I watercolor. 

I like to work with my watercolor paper securely taped to a drawing board - so that will be the next step.  This one should be quite a challenge - putting a background in around all the detailed foliage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment