ONLINE STORE WEBSITE:

ONLINE STORE WEBSITE: Maggie Huft: on Zazzle
I am now on Instagram as: maggiehuft52

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Farmer's Market Show / Frog painting stage two

A few brief comments about the Farmer's Market one-day show the Artist's League had last weekend:  We only planned on entering for one day; and for only four hours of having artwork on display, I question the effort-to-sales ratio.  However, it was a huge learning experience; and I have a new appreciation for the folks that make this a regular event every weekend.  Our crew of at least six, took an hour to set up the tent and display panels and hang the artwork - and although I didn't stay for the entire tear-down, I'm sure it took just as long.  In addition, the last couple of years, I've noticed sales for original art is way down to a few years ago - the "economy".  We did have sales on a few prints and several cards.  Three of my cards sold.  The Market takes 5%. 
I also wanted to post the next stage of the frog and flower painting.  I've started to lay in the flowers - still a long way to go.  I haven't worked in a yellow/orange range for quite a while and am finding it refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment