ONLINE STORE WEBSITE:

ONLINE STORE WEBSITE: Maggie Huft: on Zazzle
I am now on Instagram as: maggiehuft52

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Painting Stage One

Didn't manage to post last week due to illnesses and other obligations.  I did want to upload the first stage of the frog painting before I move on with it.  This stage is just a preliminary background which will likely have more done with it before I'm done.  I've used (Pebeo) Drawing Gum applied with a brush to block-out the frog and plant material.  That way I can just paint in background colors without worrying about going around all the detailed foreground items.  If you haven't used liquid masks before, the tip-of-the-day is to saturate your brush with liquid soap (like dish-washing soap) before you use the mask.  The brush cleans up so much easier and you don't end up ruining a lot of brushes.  I've also found it's best to do the masking stage - do the watercolor - dry it quickly with a hair-dryer - and get that masking fluid off the paper within a day or two.  If you leave it on for too long, it gets more difficult to remove. 
The Poulsbo Art League will have a booth this Saturday at the Farmer's Market - one day only.  There isn't much room, but I hope to have a few items there -- and I will be there bright and early to help set up.  Hope the weather is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment