Started a new art series - flowers A to Z, and here are the first six. I was planning on framing the full group of 26 originals together; and then using copies of them individually for other applications.
And then, I decided to work on this one for my holiday cards.
Wow, it's been since July that I've added to this blog! What can I say? It's been a busy summer for with other things besides artwork. I will post one new piece of my husband and my cat. This is: "Blue Eyes, White Fur"
I should have posted this finished piece over a month ago. It's summer yardwork season and that has interfered. I am well into another project at this point.
BTW, my neighborhood sponsored a community yard sale two weekends ago - where anyone wishing to sell things could put them out. The idea being that with lots of yard sales going on there would be lots of traffic. I thought what a good way to sell my older prints and cards to clean out my studio. Not one single sale and very few visitors. Come to find out, hardly anyone put items out - maybe one other house and myself. What a waste of time. I had hoped to at least recoup my production costs.
This new piece is : "Evidence of Spring"
I keep a digital file of all my past artwork and a printed file in a notebook. I've been spending a lot of time, here at the end of January, reorganizing the files. Ugh! Looking back at artwork from eight or so years ago is very embarrassing. I can't believe I was happy with some of this garbage at the time. Obviously I was in transition from a more graphical style - and I guess this is the mark of growth - but yuck!.
First thing to deal with for 2013: My artist league has been asked to relocate from our present meeting location because that site is undergoing a major construction project. I am the secretary again for this year - and the board members have been visiting different sites to find something appropriate. We DO have a lead that will, hopefully, work out. This is all suppose to be temporary until around June of this year.
I also still have a still-life watercolor on the board; but got sidetracked by a graphic design project. I use to do a lot of that when I was working a 9-to-5 but not recently. A neighbor needed a logo for her church youth group, and what the heck, it was a paid job.
So - I gave her several versions in several different file sizes. And it did give me practice in the newest version of Adobe CS6 Illustrator and Photoshop that I picked up at the end of the year. Graphic software upgrades always have a bunch of changes in the way they are set up - and there is usually at least a bit of a learning curve.