ONLINE STORE WEBSITE:

ONLINE STORE WEBSITE: Maggie Huft: on Zazzle
I am now on Instagram as: maggiehuft52

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Paint Swatch Exercise

Yesterday I finally got around to doing a paint swatch table of all the watercolor tubes I've been carrying in my supply bag for over a year.  I think what prompted this was the trip to Daniel Smith's last week.  What an eye-opener!  I have had the tendency to use the same colors over and over; and have been missing out on some of the other beautiful colors I have available.  On the other hand, I've noticed I have several colors that are very similar.  For example, I have 10 - 12 different reds of which at least three can be eliminated because they are too close to other shades.  I've been meaning to do this for quite a while; and now was a good time, while I am between paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment