ONLINE STORE WEBSITE:

ONLINE STORE WEBSITE: Maggie Huft: on Zazzle
I am now on Instagram as: maggiehuft52

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Field Trip

My ongoing concern about having a blog is whether I'd be able to get back to it on a regular basis.  I see that it's been a week since my last post.  Hopefully I can revisit here at least once a week.  
I'd like to discuss a field trip that a dozen of my fellow art league members and I took this week to the Daniel Smith art supply store in Seattle.  I've ordered from their catalog numerous times; but I don't think I've been in the store for, oh, at least 20 years.  












This was a scheduled visit.  We were suppose to have a tour of the paint production area; and were disappointed to find it had been cancelled.  But we were given a two hour hand's-on demo and the opportunity to try out some of their new PrimaTek watercolors.  Honestly, that was my main reason for wanting to go.  And we had the time to do some serious shopping for supplies.  

For over a year now, I have been in love with their Kyanite Genuine which is a rich blue-gray with granulation and dazzling, glittery sparkle. 
During this trip I've discovered three other colors that I had to pick up.  I was on a budget, or I would have ended up with more.  

From the left:  Fuchsite, Sugilite and Red Fuchsite - all with that sparkle I'm crazy about.







No comments:

Post a Comment