ONLINE STORE WEBSITE:

ONLINE STORE WEBSITE: Maggie Huft: on Zazzle
I am now on Instagram as: maggiehuft52

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

"Wings"

 New experimental art.  About a month ago, one of the art league members gave a demonstration on frame-less watercolor.  The idea is to attach a finished painting to a "cradleboard" with heavy body clear acrylic medium - trim off the excess around the edges and let it dry.  The next step is to carefully rub a wax medium onto the surface - gently rubbing to an even low gloss.  From there you can paint the edges and wire the painting on the back.  

I wanted to try this on a smallish piece of art.  This is the finished watercolor.  I will update when I finish the mounting.  I haven't done a watercolor for ages.  Primarily, because of the cost of the matt, the frame and the glass on traditionally displayed watercolor.  



No comments:

Post a Comment