ONLINE STORE WEBSITE:

ONLINE STORE WEBSITE: Maggie Huft: on Zazzle
I am now on Instagram as: maggiehuft52

Thursday, June 28, 2018

"Alone"

Up until now, I have always preferred to paint uplifting colorful artwork.  This piece is a departure.  I just had to find a way to channel my profound anger, disgust and sorrow over what is happening in my country.  So this work is not only for all the immigrant children but for all the children impacted by gun violence.
A few technical details:  I chose muted colors - a couple of blues, a dull green, black and white only.  There is iridescent pearl on the window panes and in the window reflections on the floor.  It shows up in the two different photos. 
This version in bright light from the right.













This one in light from the left.










This really IS the same painting.  Have I said before, I really like working with the iridescent acrylics?
Oh, and I coated the figure in matt varnish and the rest of the painting in gloss varnish.  It doesn't show up in the photographs; but I wanted the figure to have a flat appearance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment