ONLINE STORE WEBSITE:

ONLINE STORE WEBSITE: Maggie Huft: on Zazzle
I am now on Instagram as: maggiehuft52

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Work Party

I'm still working on a rather large acrylic - about 3/4 of the way through.   Not ready to post it yet.

However, I wanted to mention the newest art league project.   For the longest time we have needed packaging material to transport members paintings to and from venues.   Of course, people bring their work to the meetings in their own packaging - but then it falls to the hanging committee to keep everyone's packaging straight and return them; and often the people don't show up to take their things home and someone has to store them. 

So...I had the idea to purchase (at league expense) foam to make a whole lot of packages that we can store at the art league meeting room.   This is sheet foam - 1/4 inch thick.   I wouldn't ship with it, but it should work well to transport things.   I didn't anticipate how large the roll was going to be, but we shouldn't need any more for....forever.   It's four foot tall and a yard diameter.   This cost us about $170 and $50 to have shipped.  Not too bad I think and our group has the funds.  

Now - we are planning on a work party this Wednesday to cut and tape a whole bunch of packages.   We will use duck-tape to close up the sides, leaving the tops open.   I am guessing we only need three or four full size envelopes - maybe 3 foot by 4 foot.   Most of our members don't paint that large.   Beyond that we will probably make a lot more medium size. 



No comments:

Post a Comment