ONLINE STORE WEBSITE:

ONLINE STORE WEBSITE: Maggie Huft: on Zazzle
I am now on Instagram as: maggiehuft52

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Fantasy Art

Before I discuss my newest piece, I should report on the artist's reception I mentioned in my last entry.  The event didn't get into the local newspaper like the store owner expected.  So the turnout was less than stellar - maybe 4-5 people.  I did get into some interesting conversations with a couple of folks - disappointing overall however.
Now....
This newest art is a watercolor.  I painted it large and specifically so I could try a new method of display.  Some time ago I saw a demo on how to stretch watercolor paper onto stretcher bars (the kind used for canvasses).  I wanted to try it - and lets face it - it would be a lot less expensive than matting and framing with glass.
The transparent parts of the wings and the light brush-strokes along the edges of the wings is water-based iridescent paint.
"Reflections"

No comments:

Post a Comment