ONLINE STORE WEBSITE:

ONLINE STORE WEBSITE: Maggie Huft: on Zazzle
I am now on Instagram as: maggiehuft52

Saturday, December 14, 2019

"Auburn, Emerald and Lace"

This will probably be the last painting finished for the year, but I wanted it done for the next show in January.
I created a challenge for myself here.  I didn't want the figure to sit dead center or all the way to the left.  That's been done a lot.  However, in order to balance the layout I needed something to draw attention to the large left space - hence the lace pattern. 
And then when it came to taking a photo, was the next challenge.  It took several shots to get the colors right.  The lace pattern is mostly iridescent pigment.  In order to have the lace show up without "washing out" the darks, I will admit to tweaking it in PhotoShop.  But I think this version is pretty close to the actual artwork.

1 comment: