I've decided to work on something larger than usual. This piece is almost a full watercolor sheet. Hopefully that doesn't mean it will take a lot more time. I was setting up a still-life to photograph; and our flame-point Siamese decided to help. This is the photo.
So far I have in the basic tones for the whole piece. I used mask-out for the flowers so I could drop in some darker color behind them. This photo is with the mask removed. I admit, it was a lot of mask-out, but I was going for detail and this was the best way to do it that I know. I wanted to get to this stage right away and get the mask removed in a timely manner. I have noticed the longer you leave the mask on the paper, the harder it is to get it off.